In order to describe God’s attributes, or characteristics, theologians use three important terms: omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. Omniscience means all-knowing. Omnipresence means all-present.
What is all knowing, present everywhere, and all powerful? You could be forgiven if you said: “Google”. The statistics speak for themselves:
- People search on Google at least 3 times a day on average
- Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day
- More than one billion questions have been asked on Google
- Google has 92 percent of the market share for searches
- Google has been used 62 billion times so far this year
- 63 percent of Google’s US organic search traffic originated from mobile devices
According to the Church of Google:
Proof Google Is God, October 30, 2020
Google is the closest thing to an Omniscient (all-knowing) entity in existence, which can be scientifically verified. She indexes over 9.5 billion WebPages, which is more than any other search engine on the web today. Not only is Google the closest known entity to being Omniscient, but She also sorts through this vast amount of knowledge using Her patented PageRank technology, organizing said data and making it easily accessible to us mere mortals.
Google is everywhere at once (Omnipresent). Google is virtually everywhere on earth at the same time. Billions of indexed WebPages hosted from every corner of the earth. With the proliferation of Wi-Fi networks, one will eventually be able to access Google from anywhere on earth, truly making Her an omnipresent entity.
Google answers prayers. One can pray to Google by doing a search for whatever question or problem is plaguing them. As an example, you can quickly find information on alternative cancer treatments, ways to improve your health, new and innovative medical discoveries and generally anything that resembles a typical prayer. Ask Google and She will show you the way, but showing you is all She can do, for you must help yourself from that point on.
According to Google trends, the term “Google” is searched for more than the terms “God”, “Jesus”, “Allah”, “Buddha”, “Christianity”, “Islam”, “Buddhism” and “Judaism” combined.
Google was officially launched in 1998, and has become the most used web-based search engine.
The company launched Google News in 2002, Gmail in 2004, Google Maps in 2005, Google Chrome in 2008, in addition to many other products. In 2015, Google became the main subsidiary of the holding company Alphabet Inc.
The name Google is a misspelling of Googol, the number 1 followed by 100 zeros, which was picked to signify that the search engine was intended to provide large quantities of information.
Every time you hit the search button on Google, the search engine sifts through thousands, if not millions of webpages, to spit out the content you are seeking in a fraction of a second. What makes this possible is the underlying algorithm—a simple set of mathematical rules embedded in the software.
The algorithm used by Google to rank web pages in their search engine results works by counting the number and quality of links to a page to determine a rough estimate of how important the website is.
The underlying assumption is that more important websites are likely to receive more links from other websites.
The truth is, Google tracks every journey you make, it logs every video you watch on YouTube, and it even knows your tastes.
Google knows everything, because we tell it everything / The CEO Magazine, October 14, 2020
Seth Stephens-Davidowitz is a former Google data scientist, economist, author and philosopher who describes Google searches as “the most important dataset ever collected on the human psyche”.
His studies of reams of Google searches have revealed everything from the fact that December 25th is the least depressing day of the year to just how deeply sexist humans are when it comes to the hopes and fears they have for their children. And how body-obsessed we all are.
“The power in Google data is that people tell the giant search engine things they might not tell anyone else,” says Stephens-Davidowitz, whose bestselling book is titled Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What The Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are.
Alarmingly, he also says, “I think you can figure out a lot, if not everything, about an individual by what they’re searching on Google.”
So, what are most people searching for on Google? What are the biggest concerns in 2020? Do they search for solutions for extreme weather, how to mitigate biodiversity loss, finding answers to the global water crisis?
Do they search for solutions for poverty and social inequality, unemployment, crime, or political corruption?
In fact, the most popular searches are a lot more basic. The clear winner around the world is “facebook,” which is funny given that you could just as easily type facebook.com into a URL bar. “google” and “youtube” are also popular and likewise amusing.
Below you’ll find a list of the most popular terms in the U.S. from Google Trends. Notably, “porn” came in fifth, higher than “weather.”
But, the real problem with Google is the anti-conservative bias on all searches. With the overwhelming popularity and universal access that Google has, steering search results toward liberal, left sources changes the global opinion of conservative Christians.
President Trump’s right — Google search is biased to the liberal Left / The Sun, August 30, 2018
Donald has a point when he claims that anyone searching Google for current affairs is likely to be served commentary from the ‘Left-Wing Media’ because ‘Google and others are suppressing voices of Conservatives’
In his typically gruff style, he told his 54million followers of his concerns about Google and other Silicon Valley giants.
Are these companies really as neutral as they make out, he asked?
Google, in particular, claims all it does is provide people with a window to the world.
But is it really a bias-free guide to global events and decades’ worth of knowledge?
Or is it slyly pushing its users towards the “correct” way of thinking — as defined by the PC liberals who make up the vast bulk of Silicon Valley’s movers and shakers?
Trump complained that all his Google searches for “Trump news” returned negative results and brought up the “viewing/reporting of Fake News Media”.
He claimed that anyone searching Google for current affairs is likely to be served commentary from the “Left-Wing Media” because “Google and others are suppressing voices of Conservatives”.
“They are controlling what we can and cannot see,” he tweeted. He later warned that internet powerhouses including Facebook, Twitter and Google need to be “very careful”.
Conservatives & Pro-Lifers Censored Over & Over by Big Tech: ‘The Single Greatest Threat to Democracy’ / CBN News, October 19, 2020
So many conservative sources on social media are getting censored so much right now, it’s making their allies in the US Senate wonder if there’s something that can be done to stop the censoring.
“We’ve analyzed and we’ve documented how 260 different users on Facebook and Twitter have had their posts about Biden scrubbed from social media,” Bozell said.
He and Quigley both commented they’ve never seen their pro-choice adversaries censored by the media platforms.
This suppressing is such a major matter because of how much Big Tech platforms now dominate American communication.
Quigley insisted, “Social media is a battlefield where pro-life people need to be engaged.”
Cruz said of the censoring, “This poses the single greatest threat to free speech in America today. It poses the single greatest threat to democracy.”
A more basic problem with tools like Google is that they confuse us into believing knowledge is wisdom.
Google manages over 15 Exabytes of data. One exabyte is one quintillion bytes (1,152,921,504,606,846,976) and is a massive amount of information.
But, knowledge is not wisdom.
Knowledge is the accumulation of information. Wisdom the quality of person to think, act or discern what is best, right, true and enduring. It is the application of common sense, knowledge and experience, at the right time, place, manner and situation so as to follow the best possible course of action.
The Internet has endless knowledge, but how do we search for wisdom?
Where then does wisdom come from,
and where is understanding located?
It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing
and concealed from the birds of the sky.
Abaddon and Death say,
“We have heard news of it with our ears.”
But God understands the way to wisdom,
and He knows its location.
For He looks to the ends of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.
When God fixed the weight of the wind
and limited the water by measure,
when He established a limit for the rain
and a path for the lightning,
He considered wisdom and evaluated it;
He established it and examined it.
He said to mankind,
“The fear of the Lord is this: wisdom.
And to turn from evil is understanding.” (Job 28:21-28)
Those who are wise will shine
like the bright expanse of the heavens,
and those who lead many to righteousness,
like the stars forever and ever. (Daniel 12:3)
In this crooked and perverted generation, how do we search for wisdom?
We can focus on the author of our faith:
This is why, since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I never stop giving thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers. I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the perception of your mind may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength. He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens— far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put everything under His feet, and appointed Him as head over everything for the church, which is His body, the fullness of the One who fills all things in every way. (Ephesians 1:15-23)
Let’s unpack this scripture:
This is why, since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints
* Love is what grows out of your Faith.
* Faith manifests through Love. See Galatians 5:6. Love is the living proof of the Love of Christ in you. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35
I never stop giving thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers.
* Thanksgiving to our God helps us to enter His gates. Praise and thanksgiving brings His presence.
* Prayer for others is a sacrifice given in love for their needs. See Romans 1:9. Intercession is paramount for the Body of Christ and a call to pray and love those who not yet know Jesus, our Messiah. There is a beautiful old song that says: “They will know we are Christians by our Love!” A wonderful witness!
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
* spirit of Wisdom. Knowing what to do with the revelation Truth.
* revelation knowledge. Truth revealed ONLY by the Holy Spirit, and freely given to us to grow us up in the Image of Christ Jesus – the Pattern Son. We cannot even brag of what we know because He is the One who revealed it to us! See John 14:26.
* Wisdom and revelation knowledge goes beyond our finite minds and reasoning of carnality.
I pray that the perception of your mind may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches of His inheritance among the saints,
* the perception of your mind. This refers to your inner man. The perception of your mind needs to be enlightened.
* hope of His calling. Each of us has a calling on our lives. We were born with a purpose and destiny that we need to discover by having open eyes and hearts. See Jeremiah 29:11. See Philippians 3:15. : In Christ Through Christ For Christ With Christ
* the glorious riches. Though we might bask in His glory, all glory belongs to our God. He sometimes gives us a glimpse of His glory and when He does, man humbly falls on his face.
* His inheritance among the saints. The most precious possession is the church (believers). We share in the inheritance that the Father has given Christ Jesus. He gave Himself willingly for all to be saved who choose to believe in Him as the Son of God. See Colossians 1:12. See l Peter 1:4.
and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength.
* immeasurable greatness. YHWH is deserving of all praise and glory! He is the LORD of all, King of Glory! Transcendent, Immeasurable, More-than-Sufficient, I AM! God of the Universe! The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Divine!
* of His power! He is the One True God Divine in all His ways. His power is dunamis power – meaning dynamite power! It is the root word of our English words dynamite, dynamo and dynamic. He can do anything. Jesus said that does what His Father does. He does not do anything that’s powerful without His Father showing Him first.
* to us who believe We have the same inheritance, not because we deserve it or because we earned it, but just because He loves us and has a purpose for us. For those who desire more – spend more time with Him.
* according to the working of His vast strength. Almighty God, Father, Abba, Head over all, omnipresence, Jesus, Son of God, Son of man, Messiah, seated at the Right Hand of the Father. Holy Spirit, Teacher, Counselor, Comforter, Living in Believers.
He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens—
* raising Him from the dead. Jesus said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” John 2:19. He was speaking of Himself. Whom God raised up from the dead, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. Acts 2:24
* seated Him at His right hand. The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” Psalm 110:1
in the heavens
* our earth and sky we see is the first heaven. It is a world with sin due to the demonic realm effecting man and causing him the sin of disobedience. Our earth was made originally to be very beautiful and as a wonderful place for men, women and children to enjoy with Abba Father, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit to commune with us. This was lost to sin by Adam and Eve’s fall.
* the second Heaven is dominated by the demonic angels of many different ranks, who try to kill, steal and destroy mankind and the plans of our God.
* the third Heaven is where our Father and Jesus reign in all power and glory and dominion. It is also where the angels are dispatched to do what the God of Heaven and the Righteous of the earth tell them to do to rescue, heal, instruct, protect and direct.
far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
* His name is above all and He follows what the Father does in complete obedience. Therefore He is honored above all and has dominion over all, but chose to share this dominion with righteous men, women and children.
* not only in this age but also in the one to come. “The Ancient of Days” The One whose existence is eternal. Daniel 7:13
And He put everything under His feet, and appointed Him as head over everything for the church,
* Jesus said, “All authority has been given to Me in Heaven and on earth.” Matthew 28:18.
which is His body, the fullness of the One who fills all things in every way.
* so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Romans 12:5. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9. See l Corinthians 12:6. There is much to glean from the Word of God. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8
If you are not a believer, it would surely in your best interest to come to know Jesus as Savior early rather than later. You can claim Him now:
Jesus, I thank You that You came to save us from our sins and redeem us back to the Father God that was lost when Adam sinned in the garden. Please forgive me of my sins and I choose to turn from them and I ask You to help me to sin no more. I invite You Jesus to be my Savior and Lord over all of my life. I invite the Holy Spirit to live in me and teach and guide me. Thank you Lord Jesus! Amen!
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. (Revelation 3:10)
I think the best way to search for wisdom is to obey the Lord’s commandments. When we do that, we experience what happens when we obey. I suspect there are many biblical scholars and theologians who don’t bother to obey the Lord’s commandments, and therefore don’t understand their importance.
johnthebaptist, November 1, 2020
Having knowledge is knowing a series of facts. Having understanding is knowing how various facts fit together into patterns. Having wisdom is knowing how best to apply understanding to life.
Knowing particular Bible verses or biblical facts is having knowledge. Knowing theology, doctrine, and how various verses fit together is having understanding. Having half a clue to know when and how to give effective godly advice based on what knowledge and understanding and life experience we might have is the start to having wisdom. Knowledge and understanding are tools for wisdom to use. It’s easy to spout knowledge and understanding (i.e. toss out Bible verses and theology) to claim authority to Truth and then blame the person we are enlightening when little comes from our efforts. It’s much more difficult to give godly counsel in an anointed manner that consistently results in positive changes in people.
Wisdom is not just something we can find or quickly learn from others. It’s something we have to practice ourselves over a lifetime to get better at it. It’s common sense (in both the physical and spiritual worlds) that grows over time from our own life experiences as well as what we learn from others. It’s a skill that grows sharper with practice over years and decades. It only comes from years of walking with God and in community with others with an open humble heart to consistently grow and learn.
If I had to give a single piece of advice for gaining wisdom, it would be this. Read and listen to many many testimonies of what God has done in a wide wide range of different people’s lives in many different situations and places and churches and denominations to learn from the many different ways God works in people. At its core, wisdom is based on having an intimate familiarity with God Himself and how He works in people’s lives.
GandalfTheWise, November 1, 2020
Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. [emphasis added]
I don’t want to be a conspiracy theorist but, I hear tell from reliable sources that; every book ever written, all past and present human knowledge, has and is being scanned and collected into a single data base, and with artificial intelligence. Sound implausible? They put together the entire globe on Google earth.
I believe much more than anyone realizes is being recorded via; smart phone; Siri, Alexa, computer, debit/credit card, etc. The control of people and the global economy is not a pipe dream anymore; it’s here!
Look at the ancient technology, watch the old videos of Sophia the Robot on Youtube. It’s all aligning faster than anyone can keep up with…
Dennis, November 1, 2020
We read on that web page that wisdom and revelation knowledge go beyond our minds and carnal reasoning. That’s certainly true. In God’s economy, human wisdom is lame compared to Christ’s.
Our faith rests in the power of God, never human wisdom. For those He has called, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. In Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. So knowing Him is the beginning of wisdom.
I’m a DuckDuckGo man myself, and have always steered clear of Facebook (fined $5B last year).
Speks, November 1, 2020
I would think God’s Word, no? Did he not create wisdom before anything else in the universe, and made it the foundation of all things? Thus, the author of wisdom, would be the most logical place to search it out, and thankfully, He’s offered it in an indelible form in His written Word.
Of course, there are many wisdoms out there, Islam, Buddha, Confucius, Plato, Siddhartha, and so on, so how does one discern the veritable truth from the counterfeit, or from the half-truths and the heresies? For even the aforementioned philosophies have, without controversy, perceived some truth – God’s natural laws and man’s image do necessitate awareness of one’s origins.
Thus, all I can say is, hopefully when one is presented with the truth, in all its forms, contexts and degrees, and when expressed correctly, will know it when they hear it. I don’t think that there is any way to direct someone to the pure wisdom, without using wisdom that persuades them to first disregard the rest, and follow your path. A bit of a paradox.
So, one must have wisdom to impart it to others in order to make them aware. Or they are left to their own devices to seek it out, and again, hopefully recognize it when they hear it.
DNB, November 1, 2020