What is going on with North Korea? Is this the beginning of World War 3? What does the Word of God have to say about this?
Let’s review some recent events:
- Air Force beefs up Guam fleet with bombers – August 19, 2016
- Trump Deploys F-35B “First-Strike, Stealth Fighters” and B-52 Bombers to South Korea – March 9, 2017
- The US rejects deal for easing tensions with North Korea – March 9, 2017
- Tillerson: Military action against North Korea ‘on the table’ – March 17, 2017
- NORTH KOREA SAYS IT WILL MAKE NUCLEAR ATTACK “IF A SINGLE BULLET IS FIRED” – March 19, 2017
- FORMER CIA DIRECTOR: U.S. SHOULD ATTACK NORTH KOREA WITH NUKES BEFORE THEY ATTACK US – March 29, 2017
- ‘The US is planning to eliminate Kim Jong-un – April 8, 2017
- A US naval carrier strike force is heading for Korea – April 9, 2017
- North Korea ATTACK imminent? Panic as Kim broadcasts ‘coded messages to secret agents’ – April 10, 2017
- CHINA MOBILIZES MORE TROOPS . . . AND MANY SUBMARINES – April 11, 2017
- PENTAGON: READY TO SHOOT DOWN NORTH KOREA ROCKET TESTS – April 11, 2017
- North Korea Orders 25% of Population to LEAVE Pyongyang – April 11, 2017
- North Korea Moving Military Assets into OFFENSIVE Positions; Artillery at DMZ moving to “Combat Posture” – April 12, 2017
- Another N. Korean nuclear test said to be imminent – April 13, 2017
- North Korea may be able to arm missiles with sarin, Japan PM says – April 13, 2017
- North Korea said to ready nuclear test as tensions climb – April 13, 2017
- Officials CONFIRM U.S. Intends to Strike North Korea over Nuclear Test – April 13, 2017
- US drops MOAB, biggest non-nuclear bomb in its arsenal, in Afghanistan – April 13, 2017
- China ‘mobilizes 25,000 **extra*** troops to North Korea’ & puts country on ‘NATIONWIDE ALERT’ – April 13, 2017
US THAADs to South Korea. China launches carrier / DEBKAfile Special Report April 26, 2017
The US early Wednesday, April 26, began moving the THAAD missile defense system to central South Korea opposite the border with the North – months ahead of schedule. A South Korean military official said two road-mobile launchers had arrived at the Osan Air Base. One THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) unit includes six launchers.
Tuesday, the USS Michigan nuclear submarine docked in South Korea, after the North began a large-scale, long-range artillery fire drill in Wonsan on the east coast. More than 4,000 artillery guns are reported to be taking part in the “exercise.”
The Michigan is in place ready to join the USS Carl Vinson carrier and its strike group which are steaming towards the peninsula, along with two Japanese destroyers.
Later Wednesday, all 100 US senators are scheduled to gather at the White House for a briefing by US security and military chiefs on the North Korean crisis, as the buildup to meet North Korean belligerence continues apace.
The situation looks like two trains speeding toward each other – the U.S. on one side and North Korea on the other. The “train wreck” may be a smothering North Korea capitol, and the U.S. getting hit with a devastating EMP attack.
How did it come to this?
The North Korean nuclear program had its roots in the 1950s and began in earnest in 1989 with the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the Soviet Union, the main economic ally of North Korea. North Korea has historically enjoyed strong links with China, its neighbor to the north and the west. But since Kim took power in 2011, the relationship has cooled. Mr Xi is said to have a low opinion of Kim and his nuclear weapons programme. Beijing has repeatedly asked Pyongyang to cease its nuclear tests and ballistic missile launches in vain.
Last year Russia warned North Korea that its continued nuclear threats could lead to international military force being used against the hermit regime, after Pyongyang threatened to “annihilate” the US and South Korea.
In 2008, a Congressional commission looked into EMP claims. The report stated:
“A single EMP attack may seriously degrade or shut down a large part of the electric power grid in the geographic area of EMP exposure effectively instantaneously. … Should significant parts of the electrical power infrastructure be lost for any substantial period of time, the Commission believes that the consequences are likely to be catastrophic, and many people may ultimately die for lack of the basic elements necessary to sustain life in dense urban and suburban communities.”
Ex-CIA Director Warns: ‘North Korea Could Kill 90 Percent of Americans’ / Observer, April 5, 2017
An EMP device is a low-yield H-bomb (one to 10 kilotons) that emits an unusually high amount of gamma rays; the resulting pulse of electromagnetic radiation would, it is said, disrupt the entire electric grid. It would take out not just television, telephones and the Internet, but electronics nationwide—disabling food and water supply chains, banking systems, fuel manufacturing and production, hospitals, 911 call centers, post-1970 vehicles (which rely on electronics) and everything else associated with modern life.
If that’s not enough to keep you awake, consider that a device with the characteristics of a “super-EMP weapon” is precisely what the North Koreans have been testing, Pry stated last year. In addition, Woolsey and Pry tell us, “Two North Korean satellites, the KMS-3 and KMS-4, presently orbit over the U.S. on trajectories consistent with surprise EMP attack.”
As Christians, should we be worried? The Bible states:
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way, and then the lawless one will be revealed. (2 Thessalonians 2:7-8)
The restrainer of all these things is the Holy Spirit, embodied in the believers on the Earth. When we are removed in the Rapture, the Holy Spirit will stop His restraint, and the Day of the Lord will begin. All hell will literally break loose.
We who believe will be long gone before that day. All we need to know, is that that Day is very, very close. We have one last chance to reach the world for Jesus!